Sunday 23 September 2012

Travelodge City Airport

I stayed here the night before my birthday as I was presenting the Mallowstreet Awards in London and couldn't get the last train.

Whilst the hotel is literally at the end of the runway, it is a good 10 minutes walk from the DLR station along a quiet road. The DLR to the hotel has some quite nice views over East London.

It is a pretty unspectacular travelodge. But I got a good deal (£44) for London. The shower had some missing buttons but the room was clean. There was no bath. I had a distant view of the Thames Barrier from the room. Despite being next to the airport I wasn't disturbed by aeroplanes (although I was the other side of the hotel).

I didn't use the bar/lounge but it looked pretty nice. Staff were nice, as you would expect from a chain like travelodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment