Tuesday 17 May 2011

It will only take ten minutes.

It's one *of the few* things which I do which annoys @shellsinclair.

I'm not alone in doing it though. According to a couple of behavoural science books I've read, it's pretty common.

That is, significantly underestimating how long it will take me to do something. Whether it be mopping the floor or doing the washing up, I think it will take me ten minutes. It never does.



Yesterday I cycled between Wooky and Taunton. Today I cycled between Taunton and Winsford. On both days I've convinced myself that I would be at my location by lunchtime and struggling to find something to do. Even during the ride when it was becoming obvious that I wouldnt make it by lunchtime, I slightly changed my estimation to another equally unrealistic target. Despite leaving at 8am ish both days, I didnt arrive at my destination until after 5pm.

I am however, absolutely convinced that I will be at tomorrow's destination (Barnstable) by lunchtime. Or at least by 2pm. Or possibly 3.

Anyway, off now to put up
my tent. It will only take ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment