Tuesday 17 May 2011

I don't want to choose.

Another of *the few* things which annoys @shellsinclair is my inability to choose from a menu. Actually, it annoys Grandad Michael more.

But it is tough. How for example can you choose between the sometimes hundreds of choices.

So my tactic, which does not seem unreasonable to me, is to ask the waiter/ess to recomnend something.

So far this week when I've tried this I've had in response

"it depends what you like"
"I know what I would have but I dont think you would like it" (bear in mind this was from a waiter Id never met before"
"Well, the chocolate cake is good, so is the lemon cake and the scones... etc"

So, my challenge to restaurant owners. Have a single special which is the best thing on the menu. I dont want to choose.

As a result of forcing waiters to choose for me I've had great food which I would never have chosen myself. Take a look. Even the homemade faggots were good.

















No comments:

Post a Comment