Tuesday 25 January 2011

Wii (are slowly getting) Fit

This was never intended as a running blog. But over the past few weeks I've found myself becoming obsessed with getting out for an hour.

As you know, I'm now in proper training mode for the London Marathon in April. And I'm really pleased with progress. I've been running on average more than 5 times a week this year and in just three weeks have already started to see my speed and length of run creap up - very slowly mind. I managed over 30 miles last week and am expecting this week to be longer again.

But more surprisingly, Im actually enjoying it. I'm finding that I've become addicted and on my non-running day, I wish I was on the streets.

I've been lucky that the weather so far this year has been OK. Yes damp and miserable but its not been cold/snowy.

I need to improve my running posture and I still refuse to do any stretching. But at the moment its all going well.

Alongside the running I've been eating more healthy food and (quite drastically) cut down on alcohol. The Wii fit tells me I've lost over a stone in just over two weeks. Clearly I do need to lose more if I'm going to manage to get around 26 miles in April. Carrying 16 stone around London just wont work - I doubt my knees will cope.



So, whilst this isnt a running blog, I find myself writing about running. I'm not particularly worried if no-one reads anything I put here and I'm not actually sure any of it is interesting to anyone but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment