Sunday 23 January 2011

An early morning run along the coast

Up at 5.30 is (pretty much waking everyone else up with my faffing) for my first 3 hour training session for the London Marathon.

All went well, if very slow. Running (jogging?) at a pace of just 6.9km per hour according to the Garmin watch, I managed over 20km.

Ran along the seafront from Pagham to Felpham via a circuit of Butlins. And actually quite enjoyed the early hours as it meant I got to see the moon go down and sun rise.

Saw a Fox and a couple of dogs with flashing lights on their collar (couldn't work out what they were from a distance). But fairly uneventful run really!

Very pleased that i managed to increase pace for last couple of miles. Found it relatively easy too.

I've posted a map of the run below.

And if you are inclined, you can sponsor me.

http://www.justgiving.com/David-Sinclair2011 (for Openage)

Or

http://www.justgiving.com/David-Sinclair-Helpage (for Helpage International)



Sun rises over Butlins





Location:Bognor Regis

No comments:

Post a Comment