Wednesday 6 November 2013

Bristol in a day

 

Another early flight. This time Edinburgh to Bristol, for the third of our face to face meetings with PFRC at Bristol University. ILC-UK are working with PFRC on an ESRC funded project on financial wellbeing in later life.

The project has been going really well (if i say so myself). We’ve already published work on mortgage debt and understanding the oldest old. We’ve got more work coming up on segmenting the older consumer, debt and financial satisfaction across the world. Bristol are doing most of the research and we are doing the dissemination and policy analysis.

We’ve had lots of press coverage for the project so far. And I recorded a podcast for ESRC/Understanding Society. Which you can find here.

There is lots of information about the project on the PRFC and ILC-UK website.

We discussed plans for the final launch events as well as academic dissemination. And Bristol took us out for a really nice lunch. Fennel and blue cheese tarte tatin to start and Quinoir and pumpkin for main.

When I got home I popped for a little  jog. Very pleased to do it as I really didn’t want to go out. The divergence on my circuit below due to me forgetting to pick up milk on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment