Saturday 20 October 2012

Making Sunday Roast



Are you thinking about making a Sunday Roast? This is what I do.

Put a bit of meat in the oven. Lamb this time. Pop a bit of rosemary and garlic in and cook slowly on a low heat (shoulder)

















Put some celery and carrot ends into a pot of boiling water to make a stock (for the gravy).

Peel some potatoes.

Boil the potatoes for about 5 minutes.






















Make some batter for yorkshire pudding. I tend to use a different recipe each time I do it.

Put the batter in the fridge for a while. Then after everything else is almost ready, I put it in hot fat in a hot oven for about 20 minutes.

Add a few herbs to my stock. Which I then use to make gravy using the juice from the meat and a little flour.






















Put the par-boiled potatoes in a colander and put some flour or polenta on them.


Give them a shake. Then put them in hot fat in the oven.






















Cut the carrots then put them in the a pan of boiling water (or steam them).






















Put the food waste in the compost.



 And. All done.








No comments:

Post a Comment