Wednesday 21 September 2011

#scrambledegg at the Paragon Hotel in Birmingham

I was very excited (see http://davidasinclair.blogspot.com/2011/09/worlds-best-scrambled-egg.html) when I arrived at the breakfast station to discover scrambled egg which didnt look overcooked.

So excited that I rushed to get a plate and get some egg onto it before the flame under the egg added too much extra heat. In the dark of the room the egg looked perfect.

But that is where my joy ended. Whilst the egg didn't look overcooked, the light of my table revealed one of the worst scrambled egg sins. I'm pretty sure it was made with some sort of pre prepared mixture. And if it wasn't I really don't know how they have achieved such a bad result with real eggs. It wasn't the colour of egg (more white than yellow), the texture was weird (looked like it had been sliced), and it had no flavour at all.





Terrible. 1/10.

Location:Moseley St,Birmingham,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment